Located in Midtown San Antonio, River North Anxiety is a specialized mental health practice serving adults aged 18 to 55 with anxiety and anxiety-related disorders. Those experiencing any form of anxiety understand how it can control their lives. People often feel shame and don't realize that they have a treatable condition. Treatment need not involve extensive psychotherapy or even medication. Examining the accuracy of anxious thoughts, making strategic behavioral adjustments, and learning how to manage the physical sensations of anxiety are three components of effective, lasting anxiety treatment.
Dr. Kristin Eisenhauer uses evidence-based (research-based) treatment, namely cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), exposure with response prevention (ERP), and prolonged exposure that may be combined with virtual reality technology for specific fears, such as fear of flying. She also conducts exposures outside the office for certain specific phobias (e.g., fear of heights).
Dr. Eisenhauer works collaboratively with her patients and consistently seeks out continuing education to stay on the cutting edge of psychotherapy research and practice. To this end, she focuses on results rather than return visits, ultimately teaching each patient to be his or her own therapist.
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Specific Phobias and Fears (e.g., public speaking, flying, heights)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Trichotillomania (hair pulling)
- Excoriation Disorder (skin picking)
- Illness Anxiety Disorder (hypochondriasis)
- Sleep Onset Insomnia (trouble falling asleep)
- Sleep Maintenance Insomnia (trouble staying asleep)
- Test Anxiety